Words often have multiple definitions; some we will know and others we may not. If an author uses a word in a way that is unfamiliar we may fall into a prejudicial pitfall or get intellectually stuck, because the word evokes a preconceived idea that has little or no relevance to the author’s intention. When presented with unfamiliar words at least we know that we do not know its meaning. Before jumping to a faulty interpretation we allow the author to explain his/her definition and usage.
Early on in this blog-book the acronym ECP (Eternal Comprehensive Perfection) was offered as a unifier to side-step preconceived ideas and conditioned prejudices associated with the numerous names for the Divine: God, Brahman, Allah, Elohim, Jehovah, Deus/Zeus/Jupiter, Amun-Ra, Ahura Mazda, Nirankar, the Tao, that One…to name a few. With the same optimism the terms SPIN and SPAN are entered into the parlance of Quadernity.
Quadernity’s acronyms, such as ECP, PS and PTPR, and its unusual words (beginning with Quadernity itself, then INformation and OUTformation, and now in this unit Spin and Span) have been coined to supplant terms, which, although more familiar, are prone to produce erroneous conclusions and/or obstruct the discovery of important patterns.
Just as the equally powerful, causal Subjects/agents behave archetypally as Female and Male in their coordinated functions, Spin and Span are archetypal actions, in that all movements and changes can be traced to these inverse, agent-driven actions.
Spin and Span are a pair of terms to which we can ascribe (and, therefore, by which we can streamline the study of) all movement and change throughout the universe. Shifts of all kinds are provoked by gradients of Spin and Span.
As archetypal terms, Spin and Span render nearly-synonymous countless pairs of inverse action-verbs that, otherwise, would remain conceptually unrelated. Using these umbrella terms helps us see patterns that are generally overlooked, but profoundly meaningful in linking together the quantum scale, the human scale, and the cosmic scale.
- Centripetal force, gravity (large-scale) and the strong force (small-scale) are special instances of Spin > (greater than) Span.
- Centrifugal force, electro-magnetic radiation (large-scale) and the weak force (small-scale) are special examples of Spin < (less than) Span.
- Neutrality, stasis, equilibrium, orbits, boundaries, parameters, and enduring Patterned Matter are what Quadernity calls Particularities and all are instances of Spin = (equal to) Span.
Pull and Push might be thought of as directionally opposite movements, like an inhalation (inward and down) and an exhalation (upward and out). Direct opposition is a difference of 180 degrees, a linear comparison. The term Spin, however, implies angular momentum.
How can we understand the inverse opposition of Spin and Span?
The distance from the entity’s center to its boundary is the radius of its Span. As the entity’s radial Span increases, its boundary Pushes outwardly (centrifugally) against the surrounding outside-space.
Inside-space Pulls inwardly from the boundary. This centripetal compression crunches/curves the radii, creating the entity’s Spin.
Just as Female and Male, Matter and Pattern, INformation and OUTformation are two sides of the same coin, Spin and Span, though not gender specific, are complements, just as well.
Spin and Span are more generalized and more comprehensive than the countless specialized terms they cover for. Being more general does not necessarily make Spin and Span less precise; it is quite the contrary.
Terms that would not ordinarily be thought synonymous can be aligned under one or the other of the two umbrella-terms Spin and Span:
Spin is the umbrella under which we group:
- Intention and Intension;
- Centripetal force, including gravity and strong force;
- INformable Subject Pulls/receives inwardly from or through its boundary;
- Curved compression; pressure of outside-space > inside space;
- Implosion reduces inside-space and increases outside space;
- Convergence, recoil, narrow mindedness closes boundary;
- Maintenance oriented; conservative opinions and endeavors.
Span is the umbrella under which we group:
- Centrifugal force, including radiation and weak force;
- OUTformed Object Pushes/radiates outwardly from or through its boundary;
- Radial expansion; pressure of inside-space > outside-space;
- Explosion increases inside-space and decreases outside space;
- Span forces closed boundary to open, stretch or rupture;
- Divergence, receptivity, open mindedness;
- Growth oriented; progressive opinions and endeavors.
The following examples are a little too complex to list as bulleted items:
Span: excess/entropy/waste >> INformer Pushes INformative inside-space through open boundary by counter-clockwise Spin, decreasing OUTformed Span while increasing outside-space.
Spin: deficiency of resources >> INformable Subject Pulls INformative outside-space through open boundary by clockwise Spin, increasing OUTformed Span while decreasing outside-space.
Asides for further exploration are included:
Additional Asides are under construction. Please visit again.